Joint Forces – Building an entrepreneurial community across universities.
Join us if you want to:
- pitch your business idea or startup in front of a community of like-minded peers
- receive support and feedback from the Joint Forces community
- join a start-up team with an idea that matches your skills & interests
- build your network of innovators and entrepreneurs
- stay up do date with the latest start-ups in the ecosystem
- look for teammates from other universities, with complementary skillsets
Exchange ideas with like-minded people, get support and connect with people from TU Wien, WU, Uni Wien and Boku
Register to pitch your project & get feedback or simply join to find out about some of the best start-up ideas and initiatives of the moment in one unique event. Present either your startup or your first idea in an informal, relaxed setting and without pressure or find a project you want to join. At Joint Forces you have the opportunity to attract the attention of interested co-founders, future team members and mentors to complement your project’s needs. The feedback from the community can push your idea to the next level and in the meantime, you meet motivated innovators with multi-disciplinary backgrounds in economics, tech and life sciences.
Whether you are interested in innovation, want to meet like-minded people, or pitch your side hustle, Joint Forces is the place to be!
Whether you are interested in innovation, want to meet like-minded people, or pitch your side hustle – you are more than welcome!
- DATE & TIME: Thursday, 2nd of May 2024, 6 pm
- LOCATION: Alte Kapelle @ Uni Wien Campus, Spitalgasse 2, 1090 Wien (Download plan )
- FREQUENCY: the event takes place 4 times per semester
- LENGTH: 1h30 - 2h + networking
- FORMAT: 6 startups pitching and Q&A, spontaneous shoutouts, networking with drinks & pizza
- AUDIENCE: students from Viennese universities, entrepreneurship enthusiasts
- LANGUAGE: English
What to expect at Joint Forces ?
- Welcome Note: Introduction to entrepreneurial activities of Entrepreneurship Center Uni Wien, BOKU:BASE, TUW i²c and WU Gründungszentrum
- Presentation of a team of student entrepreneurs: a guest team of entrepreneurs holds an inspiring presentation about the motivation that keeps them united in pursuing their idea
- Pitches from projects & startups: 3 Minutes for a Pitch + 5 Minutes Q&A
- Shoutouts: Everyone spontaneously has the chance to make an announcement, ask a brief question or introduce themself and what they are looking for during this event. Both students and organizations are invited to share their projects and ideas!
- Networking with pizza & drinks
Pitching at Joint Forces
If you are interested in pitching your startup or project/idea, keep an eye on the next events. Pitchers are usually selected one week prior to the event and informed accordingly. Detailed information on pitches and projects is communicated to the people who registered, once the application is closed.
If you would like to pitch, pay attention to:
- the application form: you might want to be especially careful when filling out the description of your project/start-up and what you are looking for at Joint Forces. This information is essential for us when selecting the 6 pitchers, so do tell us how interesting your project is, but please keep everything to the point.
- your pitch: you will have exactly 3 minutes to pitch and 5 minutes for Q&A from the audience. To ensure fairness for all pitchers, you will be stopped after the time is over. It is important to relax, talk loud and clear and most importantly, be open to the questions received from the public. They are meant to help you unlock new perspectives and bring up unthought-of matters, so don't be upset if you cannot answer all of them on spot.
- your slides: after being confirmed as a pitcher, you should provide them in PDF format at least two days before the event. As a hint, you might want to include a call to action or share contact details through your slides so that interested people can easily reach out to you after the event.
- the target audience: the audience usually consists of open-minded students and entrepreneurship enthusiasts, therefore you should tailor your pitch accordingly. We do not officially invite public grant givers or investors to our event, but that does not mean they are not welcome to drop by.
- idea publication: if you are planning to apply for a patent for your technology or product, please keep in mind that presenting at Joint Forces can be a disclosure of your idea. This could prevent you from future patent applications. Therefore, you might have to pay attention to the degree of detail in your presentation. If you have any doubts regarding this issue, please contact your university’s technology transfer office or the Austrian patent office
Note: If you would like to pitch your project/ startup, please register by 22nd April 2024.
Networking Partner in Summer Term 2024 is INiTS, Vienna's High-Tech Incubator
Join our community!
Join our Joint Forces Groups on Facebook and LinkedIn and become a part of our entrepreneurial community.
Please note: During this event photos and/or videos will be taken which may be published in various media for reports on the event or general PR.